Monday, October 3, 2011

The person that I love frustrates me the most


According to AskMen.com, when you’re in a long-term committed relationship, it’s easy to start taking things for granted and slipping into a routine that is comfortable and boring. I find this true and for a while, I never really had problems doing the same thing over and over again. Drinking every Friday with my boyfriend and spending every weekend in my apartment surfing the net felt so comfortable, I don’t have to dress up and put on make-up. It is more convenient that he doesn’t mind seeing what I wear on laundry day. It got boring, I realized that we did the same thing over and over again and I felt that we needed to spice things up. I tried bringing that up, he initiated to drink elsewhere on that Friday and go out and surf the net in a coffee shop on that Saturday. Different place, same routine.


We’ve been together for more than four years and a part of me had certain expectations given that we’ve been together for quite a while. I expect him to understand that me being quiet or pouting means that something is bothering me, what he did was bothering me. He gets annoyed that I am not vocal about it; I get annoyed that I have to spell out everything for him. I know for a fact that he wouldn’t want to eat in Banana Leaf so I never asked him to, I suggest places where he can enjoy his food and I’ll order something else. I still don’t understand why he can’t do the same for me. 

  photo courtesy of http://trashware.eu/read-between-the-lines-841                                                  


I know for a fact that there are things that I will do for him even if he doesn't ask for it. I know that I can make sacrifices without having to tell him. I know that whatever hobby he enjoys, I'll give it a shot. I can read between the lines. Is it wrong to expect the same thing? 


The person that I love frustrates me the most; he’s the reason why I am sane and insane. It's like he barely knows me even if we've been together for four years.  I don’t want to give up the relationship because I know that we love each other. Love is there, I won't deny the fact that he has a kind-heart and moral compass. I just think that there's more to that to make a relationship work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment