Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Singapore Day 1

Our flight was 6:25am so it's quite obvious that we have to be at NAIA 3 by 4am. When we got there, the line to get in the airport was really long. I thought we were running late or something but thank God majority of those people are not on international flights. Flight 5J-801 of Cebu Pacific was on time and we got to Singapore earlier than expected. Their budget airline was not as convenient as I thought it would be, but I guess that's what you get for travelling on a budget. 


When we were in the Changi Station of the MRT, I want him to figure out how we get to our hotel. Paulo and I fought on our first day in Singapore but our fights didn't ruin the trip. Most of our fights were caused by pressure etc. Anyway, we checked in at Riverview Hotel, it was "ok", not bad not good. Just fine. Since we were in a hurry, we had lunch at the hotel restaurant. Then we went to the National Museum of Singapore. We were supposed to go there with friends but they can't make it. Pau and I decided that we should go through we it and we did not regret it. 


In the National Museum, we met this volunteer who works for the museum for free when needed. He is also a liaison for the UN Women's Protection. It's amazing that the reason why he volunteers for the museum is because he loves it plus he knows that on peak season, the museum will need help. I hope Filipinos can be like that. As a remembrance for myself for stopping by at the museum, I bought this nice tumbler.


My Vincent van Gogh Tumbler 

Cheska and I met up at Ion Orchard after National Museum. My first and last stop was Sephora because I already know what I want to buy from here. Here's what I bought in Sephora.
It comes with a mascara and an eyeliner that doesn't smudge. This is love.

After Ion Orchard we met up with our good friend Lee in Clark Quay Station of the MRT. We had dinner at this small Chinese restaurant, they served the best eggplant dish that I have ever tasted. We were so hungry we weren't able to take pictures anymore. Paulo loved the black pepper prawn. We were only able to take a picture of the Claypot Chicken which was really delicious.

I remember where this place is and I will go back to eat this Claypot Chicken again :)


We had beer in Clarke Quay after dinner. It's Halloween so a lot of people were in their costumes. Good thing Cheska and I decided to bring our bunny ears so that we wouldn't like we're not fun people. Khevin went all out with a cape and that thing on a vampire's neck. Paulo wore his flash shirt that he bought from the only DC store in Asia which was on Ion Orchard as well.

Fun night. Got back to the hotel around 12mn. We took a shower and went to sleep because we had to wake up early the next day. 

I'll post Singapore Day 2 tomorrow or later tonight :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment